Five Steps for Evangelizing Culture
1. Begin with a life of prayer - a rhytmn that is open to transendence through meditation, contemplation, private prayer, liturgical prayer and especially the Liturgy.
2. Where are conversations taking place today? Culture is created as a network and the gospel is the message for that network. Where is the new Areopagus? Be there.
3. Read - the great encyclicals, Catholic classics, Catholic fiction, watch movies - follow the blogs:
see listing of media blogs and media sites
4. Build relationships in the family, in the neighborhood, in the community, in the parish. In other words practice and live communio - communion of life in the Body of Christ.
5. Mission. What are our culture's values? Life, freedom and the pursuit of happiness. How do we re-express these values with the gospel?
Thanks to Cardinal's George's article on Evangelizing our culture for giving cues for these five points.
Association of Pauline Cooperators
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)